<The BYTR news article did not make it into the June newsletter, so we are posting it here and adding it to the online newsletter later today>
The Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Network of Apple Valley exists to serve military personnel – both those currently serving and Veterans – and their families, by assisting them any way we can. Your help and support has been and continues to be very much appreciated! Please join us by contributing your time and talents, using the special abilities you have.
Some recent examples of how we have served:
- This past month we have provided a food card to a Veteran and his family in need; helped another Veteran with a utility bill; and another Veteran trying to get home to western Minnesota. If you know of a military family needing help, or you or another Veteran needing assistance, please contact us 952-923-5014.
- At our Military Appreciation Dinner in May we honored Commander Carla as she successfully completed her 3-year term. She has been a wonderful friend of the Beyond the Yellow Ribbon, and we wish her well in her next position. Over 130 joined us to hear great words from Mayor Mary.
- The next Appreciation Dinner is August 16th. Note there are no dinners in June or July. We partner with the Legion to provide excellent meals, which the BTYR serves to Veterans for a voluntary donation. Preregistration is encouraged so we don’t run out of food. Just RSVP at email@example.com or leave a message on our phone at 952-923-5014. All dinners are at the Apple Valley American Legion Post 1776.
- We honored High School graduates who entering Military Service at Apple Valley and East View High Schools. At two separate ceremonies we had the pleasure of honoring 29 grads who have enlisted in all branches of the Service.
- If you or someone you know is looking for a job, there a couple of opportunities we’d like to share with you:
- Upcoming Events: Veterans career fair July 18 (more info next month), and landscaping company needs workers who are hard working, reliable, with a drivers license. Will train. Positive working conditions, in business 25 years. Hourly rate DOQ, flexible hours PT or FT. Call Tom 612-961-3859 or Diane 952-484-4217
June 7th – Regular Board Meeting 6:00 pm at the Apple Valley Legion
July 18 – Career Fair
August 9th – Board meeting
August 16th – Appreciation Dinner
August 18 & 19 – Fund raiser with Von Hanson’s
Please join us as we proudly serve our Veterans, their families, and currently serving military members.
~Glenn Sonnee ~