We have an immediate opening for a maintenance worker for Post 1776.
Maintenance staff is responsible for ensuring all Legion equipment is functioning properly and that the Legion space is adequately set up and equipped.
- Work to ensure all equipment in the Legion is functioning properly.
- Ensure all building grounds, patio and pavilion are free of debris.
- Empty liquor bottle inventory.
- Set up meeting/banquet room for meetings and events.
- Assist with unloading of food deliveries.
- Clear all snow from the sidewalk and patio
- Perform routine monthly and quarterly maintenance on specified equipment
- Work with Office and Front of House personnel to complete daily tasks as needed.
Education, Experience and Credentials
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Maintenance experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB*
Incumbent must be able to:
- Discern needs in order to communicate with management staff about daily, monthly and annual expectations for Legion maintenance
- Communicate effectively verbally and orally in the English language, including following oral and written instructions
- Maintain a stationary position and move for long periods of time during the shift
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, and as needed in the dining room area
- Perform medium work, moving up to 50 pounds, with frequent transporting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds
*The Legion will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to those covered by the American Disabilities Act
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Power washer
- Leaf blower
- Snow blower
The work environment is primarily indoors, specific to food and beverage industry. At times there may be noise distractions.
To arrange an interview, speak with Lindsey at 952-431-1776.